Friday, August 29, 2008

100 Year Flood

Today is the last day before we head out to our schools. I have a train trip at something like 10:30 tomorrow. I can't wait to finally be able to unpack all this stuff. It's been very weird looking at all the political coverage on the NYT's website for a political junky like me. I miss seeing all the speeches and what not on CNN. I suppose I can get them on You Tube, my internet connection at the hotel isn't really good enough for video, but it's just not the same. I don't know what the connection will be like at my school, but the connection here is pretty slow. Fast enough for surfing the internet sure, but pretty slow for everything else. On top of that it's also pretty shaky popping on and off at random times.

In the last post I noted that it was raining on our first day. Raining though isn't exactly the word to describe it. It was like some one turned the who outside into one gigantic shower. The water was just absolutely poring down. On top of that the thunder and lightning were so close to our building it sounded like cannon fire. I think the building was even hit once since we lost power for a few hours. When I finally came down after it was mostly over the street were hugely flooded. There were a few parks that I couldn't tell if they were fields or ponds. The people though just waded or rode there bike right through the flooded streets.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Wow -- extremely cool photos! I just told Nanie to look at them, which means that you need to remember to have at least ONE picture with you in it in every batch!
It's raining here too, but more like a light drizzle, not even enough to really freak out Smudge.

Obama's speech was great...