Monday, September 28, 2009

Lobster Fest Changzhou


All through my year at the hotel I'd seen posters for a big festival that seemed to be out in the parking lot. I always assumed that it was something they had done for the opening of the hotel not some repeating thing. The one day I noticed that they had begun to set up about 60 tables out in what was usually the parking lot right in front of the hotel. I didn't even know about it until it was already underway but it seems that at some point every year they have a big lobster, or more accurately cray fish, festival. They set up for some huge number of people and then serve what I believe are all you can eat cray fish. Besides all the food they set up a huge stage where there were all sorts of activities. I saw what looked like a beer drinking contest and they had acrobats and marshal art demonstrators. They also had the guy in the video below, assuming I can ever upload it, who is playing the hell out of some traditional Chinese instrument. I couldn't get a great view from the lobby of the hotel so I cirlced around to a wall behind all the action which actually was already packed with other looky loos who were all really interested to see some American there as well.


2 comments:

Mom said...

It looks like some Chinese version of Guitar Hero...

bob davis said...

i was wondering what those signs were at the hotel.