Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Back to China

The very next day after I got back from my trip down to New Orleans, we did the driving in two day though most of it was done on the first day, I was off again to China with my parents. They had wanted to visit China and since I didn't have classes starting until early September it was a good time. In the end they almost weren't able to come though and the Visa took a really long time since China is not exactly super friendly to journalists. In the end all they were able to get was a Visa that was only half as long as the normal Visa and China even likes the Wall Street Journal. Also speaking of great moments in censorship Obama is in China and during one of his speeches called on the Chinese government to uncensored the internet, a comment that was promptly censored in all the Chinese sources. In China we went to Shanghai, Changzhou, Beijing, and then to Chengdu to see the Pandas, I'm again not going to do every day from the trip. I think I'm going to do one post of Shanghai, one on the Great Wall, one on the Forbidden City, and one on the Panda preserves until I'm finally up to the point where I was back in Changzhou.

2 comments:

Mom said...

What, no posts on Chengdu, the lifestyle city and our disastrous experiments with hotpot???

bob davis said...

for those wondering, daniel and i also saw a yankee-boston baseball game, which i considered a highlight of the summer.