Monday, April 5, 2010

Working at Web

Well given all my extra time, and my desire to be able to afford a new computer at some point in the future, I got a part time job at a company called Web. Web is sort of like Super, where I worked a little last year, in that it's a private language training center who caters to a lot of older students. The company is as a whole much more professional than Super, though they did have a mix up with which days I was supposed to be working where they told me Tuesday and Friday in a text, Tuesday and Saturday in an e-mail, and Wednesday and Saturday in an attachment to that same e-mail. The main advantage of Web over some of the other places is that I'm not expected to do any preparation. They have set lesson plans and all I really have to do is look over it than go in. Also from what I'm told the class sizes are much smaller than JSTU or even Super. The downsides are that the pay is only 90 RMB and hour, though it goes up to 100 after a month, and that right now all my hours are in the center in the north of Changzhou. This mean that I either have to take a 25 minute 30 RMB taxi ride or a 3 RMB hour and a half bus ride each way. I figure that I'll try it out for a while and if the commute is just too much of a problem I don't have to stay there. What's the worst thing that can happen I make some extra money?

2 comments:

Deb Bruno said...

Glad to see you're embracing the idea of making a little extra money! Now, if the Yankees would just get their act together. Argh....

bob davis said...

good to get experience at different places.