Thursday, April 5, 2012

Death and Taxes

It's definitely spring here in Guangzhou, I can tell since my nose won't stop running. I thought that the upside of living in a country devoted to destroying the environment would be less seasonal allergies, but no such luck. The worst part of it is having a soar throat since I need to talk pretty loudly when I teach, which then only makes it worse. I've also been working on my taxes. I actually haven't filed out a federal income tax in a couple of years since I make so little money in China that I'm below the reporting threshold. But I figure that it's good to get back into the habit of doing it, and it might be necessary if I ever want to get any sort of possible financial aid for graduate school. It's a lot more confusing then when I was in the US since it's not as designed for people abroad, I don't just have a W-2 from my work to plug in. I'm not going to end up owing them anything since I don't make much of anything, but I'll fill it out none the less.

1 comment:

Deb Bruno said...

Sore throat and taxes: sounds like you need a weekend in Hong Kong!