Sunday, February 10, 2013

Raise

I got another raise at my school. So far I've made more money each year in China than I did the previous year. That's still going from a really small amount of money to another really small amount of money, but up is better than down. I'm making nearly double what I was making my first year in China. At this rate if I stay here another 20 or 30 years I'll really be raking it in. I'm probably not saving as much money as when I was in Alaer though since there was absolutely nothing to spend the money on in Xinjiang. Here in Guangzhou there are a lot more temptations. There is a nice foreign supermarket, but it's really expensive.

I also got my class schedule for the next semester which starts in a few weeks. I have some oral English classes with non-English majors, which means the level will be a lower but since I had had the same students for a year I'm happy to have some new ones. I liked the old students but I had run through every activity I know and it was getting hard. I also have a writing class. This is the first time I've taught anything like that. I hear it's actually fairly hard to teach, but I only have two classes of it so it won't be so bad. Some variety can be nice.

No comments: