Sunday, January 3, 2010

Too Much Time

I think I actually have too much time on my hands these days. I've never been a big fan of working around the clock but with school completely done, and all the banquets as well, I've started to get really bored. I still have about two weeks until I go to Thailand, and then not long after that to India, but for now I've got nothing to do. I do some stuff, I write, I read, I go for walks, and I mess around on the computer, but it's starting to get a little old. I'm happy for the time too. Even with my pretty light schedule I was getting tired of my classes and it's nice to have a rest before I start them again. Also when I bored now it makes it easier for me to go do all this traveling soon. I travel a lot but before being gone so long, Thailand and India will be about 40 days total, it still makes me nervious. I love to travel. I remember something I read once where the author noted how every day has a million possibilities but we fail to notice them because we are stuck in routines and don't notice all the things we could be doing. I think what's great about travel is that with no routine you can't help but take each day as it is and find new things. That being said I'm still someone who likes routines, the word seems to imply something negative but routines can be a source of strength as well something good your used to doing, exercise, reading, becomes second nature, and giving up all my routines for the unknown can be disquieting. But for now I have little to do but read and finish up my grading and I'm bored, especially with my xbox broken. But I have been getting a lot more reading done.

8 comments:

bob davis said...

a lot of time on your hands can be surprisingly tough. maybe some new routine. good time to try to learn chinese better, which would soak up time and give you a new skill. or some other venture. at the very least, once you're on the road, you'll feel energized by the new experiences.

Mom said...

Well, I totally understand. I think you should take up ravioli making....

Lori Bruno said...

I could give you some ravioli making tips!!!

Mom said...

Aunt Lori thinks of herself as the ravioli expert these days.

LoriBruno said...

My first piece of advice would be to avoid trying anything but the traditional, well-recieved variety....

Clark said...

enjoy that downtime! have fun in thailand and don't forget to bring your own TP to India! cheers! clark

Mom said...

Now I understand your cryptic emails! Hah. You should consider using spell check before you post, Lori. ;)

LoriBruno said...

Daniel, For some reason your mom seems to thinks she's in the the "postion" to give that advice?? :O