Sunday, March 28, 2010

Should I Stay or Should I Go Now?

For some time already I've been thinking about if I should stay in Changzhou next year, go somewhere else in China, or even somewhere else in Asia. At the beginning of the year my plan was definitly to go to some other part of China for a year or two, but the more I think about it I'm just not sure. For one thing the school here is really great. They treat me really well and I have a really low amount of work even by foreign teacher standards. Also the huge breaks and decent pay allows me to travel to a lot of interesting places in other parts of Asia. Finally it looks more and more as if a number of the teachers here may be staying for another year and I've really enjoyed hanging out with them this year. But on the other hand Changzhou just isn't as surprising as it used to be. Weird things still happen but I'm just getting more used to them, though this also could be I'm just getting more used to the oddness that is China. Also if I moved somewhere else I'd have an opportunity to see a part of China that's very different from where I live right now. I've been looking at job posting on Dave's ESL Cafe and a few of them seem really interesting so I guess what I'm going to do is to apply for some of those and just see what happens. If I don't like what I get, or if I'd just rather stay in Changzhou I can always stay for another year, well assuming that the school hasn't gotten tired of me.

3 comments:

Deb Bruno said...

Can't hurt to see what else is out there.

Chen said...

Stay!!
We want you to stay here~~

bob davis said...

maybe you can make a contest of this. (Happy Passover.)