Friday, March 19, 2010

Spring Time is Here

Well the weather couldn't possibly have taken a nice turn recently. Starting a few days ago it's gotten progressively warmer and warmer every day. Today I had my window open all day and it was warm enough I could have worn shorts. Of course the students were still bundled up like it was the middle of winter while I was sweating. I used to think the cloths were just all about season and not about what the weather actually was, but really I think it has more to do with a fear of the cold. In the hottest part of Summer the students will be wearing shorts and t-shirts but if it's even a little cold, or if it's cool at night but hot during the day, the students will be bundled up. The worst is always with babies who seem like they are about to suffer from heat stroke in the middle of the winter. It's really common on the buses to see little kids with bright red cheeks since while it may be cold outside they are wearing about seven layers of clothing. I managed to almost completely avoid the winter this year by being in Thailand and India during most of it. Oddly though I'm sad I missed all the snow in DC this year. I'd love if it had snowed a little in Changzhou while all the students were around just so I could go throw some snowballs at them. I wonder what there reactions would be?

2 comments:

Deb Bruno said...

Even though it's been near 70 for a few days this week, I still saw a very old, dirty, sad pile of snow on my run this morning. That's how much snow we had. The entire city looks a little beaten up.

bob davis said...

...and then there are the potholes. Record amount to go with the record snow. But the snow was beautiful, especially because it fell on the weekend.