Monday, November 28, 2011

Like Riding a Bicycle

I was worried that after such a long layoff from teaching, my last class had been in June, that I would have lost something from my ability to teach. My first classes were graduate students who had to take the class since they got bad scores on an English test they need to graduate. One class had students from a variety of majors with a fairly good command overall of English, several of the students were older than me and one in each class was married. The other class was all math majors, they were going to be primary or high school teachers, and their English was not as good. Really there wasn't much difference between teaching a class of graduate students and undergraduates when it comes to oral English. In fact, given that their test had nothing to do with oral English I was never really sure what help the class would be to them. But the class went smoothly, he old games and activities I had developed over the last several years worked for these classes as well, and mostly I was just happy to have something constructive to do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

where are you?

-Clark

bob davis said...

glad to see you at work and you seem glad too