Thursday, December 1, 2011

Baby it's Cold Outside

Not really though. Today is the first day of December and also the first time I felt it was cold enough in Guangzhou to wear jeans. That's right up to this point I've been wearing shorts so far. While I hear about cold and snow in other places here it's been sunny and warm. It's still pretty warm, I was only wearing a t-shirt today, but it's a lot colder at night, I may actually have to wear a sweatshirt at some point. My students have a far different view of the weather and have been wearing pants and jackets for the better part of the last month. I guess when you live in such a perpetually hot place even a slight downturn in the temperature sends you running for warm cloths. That and a lot of Chinese people believe the old myth that being cold, at all, leads to a cold. I don't think my attempts to persuade them that it's a virus have been very successful. The only downside to all this is that there are still some mosquitoes around, though not as many as when I first got here. It's still better than Alaer where I was wearing long underwear by this time of the year.

3 comments:

bob davis said...

Freezing in beijing.

Anonymous said...

Dad exaggerates. It is cold, however, and I do have a head cold... So I'm starting to think the Chinese know a thing or two about health. Still not gonna do cupping though.

- Jo

Deb Bruno said...

Dad does not exaggerate. It's snowing! I think cupping is the answer.