Sunday, May 23, 2010

Forms, Forms, Forms!

I've been getting a pretty good dose of the Chinese bureaucracy lately with all sorts of questions about various forms. Ma Ming, the guy who works for the international office in Alaer, wants me to get a basic health check in a hospital in Changzhou. Now that shouldn't be too much of a problem but he wants them to create a form including "blood check,heart check,liver function test and other check of common" but the problem is the standard form they make doesn't include any of that information and just basically says the person is healthy. I've been trying to get Teddy and him on the same page for a couple of weeks with no success. Meanwhile my Visa expires is now 10 days and while Teddy seems to not be too worried about it I'm getting a little nervious. So if you suddenly see me back in the US next week it's just because I got kicked out the country for being an "illegal." In China I'm generally OK with the wait until the last minute and to do things way of being expect when it comes to Visa issues since I know there is so little room for flexibility with this stuff so it just makes me extremely nervious. Well with only 10 days to go I guess I'll just have to see.

2 comments:

Deb Bruno said...

Well I, for one, wouldn't mind having you home even earlier, but I know you'd like to be able to get back INTO China, too!

bob davis said...

maya has your bedroom tonight. We'll work out a timeshare.