Wednesday, October 6, 2010

My Apartment

I've been meaning to do this one for a while actually so today I'm going to post a series of pictures of my apartment and make some comments under each picture. This is a little bit of a different format for me so please bear with me.


The first picture above is the area in between my bathroom, on the right, my kitchen, straight ahead, and my computer room and living room, behind the picture. There's a microwave and a refrigerator, but besides walking through here I don't use this room much.


This is the half of my bathroom with a sink and a washing machine. The bathroom has a sliding door as a whole and there is also a sliding door between the two sections.


This is the toilet and the shower. As you can see there is no division between them so when I shower the whole room get really wet. I usually just shut the door between the rooms after and open the window on the far side which helps dry it out. The hot water comes from the water heater near the top of the picture and isn't available in the sink. The shower head also doesn't really go anywhere so I have to hold it when I shower. This is probably my least favorite downgrade from Changzhou.


My kitchen is a long thin room so this is only half of it with the cabinets and the dishes. I don't really use it much.


This is the other half of the kitchen with a sink and a gas stove. There is a big propane tank just off picture here.


This is where I spend most of my time. The desk is nice but a little high. That's the famous chair that caused so much difficulty. Behind the chair is the heater I use sometimes in the morning and night. The light in this room is really weak so I have to desk lamps to help out.


This is my living room with the TV. The couch and the chairs and quite comfortable and as you can see I've already made a mess in there. On the middle table is a bunch of fruit that some students brought over that's going bad before I can eat all of it.


This is my second bedroom which I don't really use. I use the bed as a hamper. That bed doesn't have a mattress it's just a blanket over wood. The small room beyond that is where I hand my cloths. Given the hanging racks attached to the ceiling I think that was the intended purpose of that room.


This is another room I just don't use at all. I guess if two people were living here each person could have a computer room. It's just where I store some stuff.


Last but not least this is my bedroom. There's a dresser off camera. I used the fan when it was still hot out but now it just sits there. There is a mattress but it's pretty tough. The blanket is warm though which helps on the cold nights. Well I hope you enjoyed my little virtual tour of my apartment.

3 comments:

bob davis said...

i hope to get to see it in person. when i was studying abroad years ago in israel, the showers weren't quite that bad, but they didn't have any real division with the rest of the bathroom, so the whole place got soaked. I never could understand why they didn't just add a divider to keep the water contained. instead they provided each room with a squeegee.

Deb Bruno said...

I'm so glad you gave us a glimpse of your apartment. It sure looks big enough! I don't know how you do that shower, though -- what a pain.

Joanna Davis said...

you need a rug to make it cozy!