Saturday, March 3, 2012

New Classes

Well it's almost time for me to go back to work. As per usual in China it has been so long since I last taught a class I barely remember how anymore. The best thing about my classes this semester is that I don't have to commute to get to them. All my classes, every single one, is at the campus where I live. I've never been happier not to go somewhere. Even though I have more classes than I had last semester, I'll probably end up working fewer hours. I'm also teaching English majors, who are the easiest type of students, since their English is usually very good to begin with and they really want to learn more. My schedule is also very even, with four hours of classes four days a week. The only downside is that all my classes are in the morning, and I've never been much of a morning person, but at least it leaves a lot of free time in the afternoon. I had a schedule very similar to this in my third semester in Changzhou and I remember how easy it was to get stuff done since by noon everyday I was up and had already had two classes. The only downside is I remember being constantly tired for almost the whole semester as I could never quite get the hang of getting up early.