Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Sun is Gone

Well I feel like an idiot now for telling everyone how nice the weather is in Guangzhou. "It doesn't rain very much," I said. "It's been really warm recently," I said. But no, it has been cold and overcast, sometimes rainy, for about three straight weeks. I haven't seen the sun in about two weeks. This is actually worse than the 95 degree and humid days during the summer. It's weird how weather can affect your mood. I've found myself in a bad mood for no real reason for the last couple of days. When I was thinking about it I finally realized that it was the weather. It just saps the life out of you when you don't see the sun for two weeks. I was especially surprised because generally the most rain around here comes in June and July. I think the difference is that during the summer the rain comes in bigger chunks, while during the winter it is just cloudy a lot. Many of the recent days I don't think it rained at all, or if it did it was so little it barley wet the ground, but it has been one unbroken gray sky forever. Maybe I'll regret saying this in the summer, but bring on the sun.

No comments: