Thursday, October 30, 2008

Halloween Party Post Mortem

We just completed the Halloween party and it was really crazy. I'm going to post more about it in the next day or so. I've got a lot of stuff to upload and someone from the English club was making a video that I want. While I'll go into what happened later I want to touch on one factor of the party I thought was really crazy. As people who know me know, especially those related to me, I don't really like to be in pictures. I've had students take pictures of me before, especially on the first day of class, but nothing like this. I think if you add up all the pictures taken of me throughout my entire life, from ultrasounds in the womb to anything just before I came to China, there would still be less pictures of me then were taken today. It's not so much even that I know how a celebrity feels, though for some reason one of the students asked me to autograph a balloon, it's more like I know how those street performers who spend there whole day being photographed feel. I smiled in so may pictures that I think me cheeks hurt. Anywhere you looked around the room you could see a clump of students forming around any foreign person and taking just a ludicrous amount of pictures. The students also really like the little blond haired daughter of one of the German teachers, who seems to handle the pretty crazy amount of attention pretty well for such a little kid, but her mom hates it. It was partially that all the Americans were wearing costumes, but once someone started asking to take pictures with us it was like a cascade effect until I took a picture with everyone in the whole place.

3 comments:

bob davis said...

sounds really great. can't wait to read -- and hear more.

Mom said...

I WANT TO SEE PICTURES!!!!

Anonymous said...

I just read that to my roommates, laughing out loud. You're such a rock star.