Thursday, August 19, 2010

Visa Visa Visa

For a while now I've been thinking that I would have to push back my flight to China due to how long it was taking to get my visa. To go to China I need a Z-visa or a working visa, going there on a tourist visa doesn't work since you can't change it over. When I get to China I then need to take that Z-visa and use it to get a residency permit that functions as a more long term visa. I did this all the first time I went to China but since I'm switching places I have to go through the whole process again. In order to get my Z-visa I need to have a few documents from the school in China. They've been taking quite a while to get so I became worried that I'd have to change my flight. But just a day or two ago they finally got the documents in China and are mailing them to me in DC. It will still take a few days for them to arrive but when I get those getting the actual visa should be pretty quick. So it looks like I'm actually going to get there on time. If it just takes too long for some reason I'll just push my flight back about two weeks which should give enough extra time. This is just another example of how last minute everything is in China.