Monday, December 27, 2010

It's All About China

I finally had my Peace Corps interview, it actually had to be rescheduled the first time as for some reason they couldn't seem to call me in China. Eventually though they allowed me to call them, used that terrific new Google "call phone" thing and the connection was fine. Most of the questions were about how I would cope with different situations, and pretty much all my answers came back to China. Part of that was intentional, since I wanted to stress my China experience, but partly it was just easy to answer the questions with regards to China. I got questions like, "name a time when you had to organize something," for this one I just talked about the Christmas party since it was on my mind anyways. I was also asked something like, "talk about a time you had to deal with things changing unexpectedly," I think I laughed at that one since that is everything in China. The interview went well in the end and I through to the next stage. I have a bunch of medical form to fill out now, I'm going to be back in DC for some time in February so hopefully I can get them all done then. They didn't exactly tell me a country yet, and apparently it often gets changed anyways after the medical stuff due to what's available at the time, but right now they were talking about Sub-Saharan Africa. Ken tried to do the medical forms in China, he went to a really expensive hospital in Shanghai but it still wasn't enough so I'm not even going to try to do them in China.

2 comments:

Deb Bruno said...

Maybe if you emphasize how much you like electricity that would help.

bob davis said...

The docs are waiting for you at home.