Monday, April 18, 2011

Slav's Gone

Slav went back to England this weekend. Over the break I think things got more serious with his girlfriend and he wanted to go home sooner. A friend of his was supposed to come and take his place but that fell through when his friend couldn't get a visa for some reason. Apparently Ma found some other teacher, an older guy from New Zealand, but I'm not sure when he'll be here. We had a big banquet for Slav on Saturday, which as per usual involved drinking far to much, though Slav successfully argued or beer instead of baijou. We kept drinking for quite a while after that too, we went through most of a bottle of scotch I had before we, thankfully, ran out of liquor. I had a really nasty hangover yesterday, and I think I drunk Skyped some people but I'm not 100% sure. Besides a few times I've actually drunk less this year than since any time since I was in high school. There just aren't that many people I want to drink with around here, Ma may enjoy drinking but I don't usually want to drink with him in that annoying Chinese way of constantly making toasts. Unfortunately I think I agreed to have baijou at my going away banquet at some point so that will be unpleasant. Maybe I can master that thing you see in old TV shows where the guy pretends to drink but pours it into a plant or something.

3 comments:

Sarah Sanderson said...

Sean enjoyed the drunk dial!

Anonymous said...

You're the only representative of the west left for 50 miles!

--Dad

Deb Bruno said...

We all enjoyed your drunk dialing. In fact, I may have written an essay about it.