Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Are There Any Good Foreign Affairs People?

I'm pretty pissed at David, the foreign affairs guy at my school, for a number of reasons. The biggest has to do with my commute to work, but I'll post about that separately. But it's mostly that h just seems to never get anything done. My toilet still doesn't have a seat, I've been here a month. When I send him any message it's like it's going into a black hole, I have no idea if he even received it. I asked him about more water for my apartment, a pretty normal request, and I never heard back. Yes, no, maybe, tomorrow, anything would be better. I have a printer, but no idea if or where I can get ink for such an old machine. I have a refrigerator that doesn't keep anything particularly cool. It's also just frustrating to get an endless runaround for even the simplest issue. If I have to hear one more time that they can't find the right seat for the toilet I'm going to lose it. It's a toilet seat not a spaceship, pretty close is good enough. It's not just the guy at this school either. I've written before about how annoyed I was at various times with Ma Ming, Luca, and even Teddy, who was probably the best of the bunch. What makes it annoying is that it's not that there job seems especially hard. Pretty much all the problems I have could be resolved in one day with a couple of phone calls, and then for the rest of the time I don't really require anything at all from them. I spend a huge amount of time trying to get some really little problems, and the occasional big one, worked out. I just want to open my window and scream, "Why can't you people just be efficient and direct for one God damned day!" I'm sure my parents in there own private visa hell know how I feel.

2 comments:

Deb Bruno said...

Yes, but now I'm worried that you're going to strangle someone. At least we have French food here in Virginia...

bob davis said...

no fun, for sure. Hope it turns up for you. Maybe the students will be a lift.