Friday, July 6, 2012

Classes

Amazingly enough I actually have a schedule for next semester. It is totally unprecedented to have a schedule even a few weeks out, but before the term is even technically over, shocking. Well, it would be a little more shocking if the students didn't all know about it before I did, but still giving me any advanced warning is pretty amazing. My schedule is actually pretty similar to this semesters. I have mostly the same students, and most of my classes are still in the morning, the only big difference is that I have two fewer classes. So instead of having classes Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday, now I have classes, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday. I'm guessing they gave the other two classes to one of the other teachers since sometimes it seems like there is not enough work to go around here. This school has by far the most professional Foreign Affairs Department of any school I've ever worked for. In Changzhou Teddy was a really nice guy, but he always seemed a little bit in over his head. In Alaer Ma Ming wanted to be everyone's friend but was not always terribly competent. I had a rough start with David here with some mix-ups about when I actually needed to be in China, but now everything is super easy. He isn't trying to befriend all the foreigners like Teddy or Ma, but he just gets things done with a minimum of hassle, which in China is a refreshing quality.

1 comment:

Deb Bruno said...

Getting things done with a minimum of hassle? Is that even possible here?