Wednesday, July 11, 2012

My Wrist

A little while ago I manged to hurt my right wrist somehow. I think it was the combination of sleeping on it in a funny position and the fact that my desk was higher then my chair so my mouse was in a position that put a lot of pressure on my wrist. It doesn't hurt hurt, as in I can't move it or am in a lot of pain, but it gets sore whenever I use a mouse or hold something heavy in my right hand for a while. There's not that much you can do about this sort of thing besides trying to take it easy so I switched to using the mouse in my left hand, which if you've been doing it the other way your whole life takes some getting used to. I also started using the keyboard pullout with my desk so that I don't reach up to use the mouse anymore. It's actually gotten better than it was when I first hurt, but after I tried to start using the mouse with my right hand again it came back so I'm going to keep favoring my left hand for a while and hope that it gets all the way better with rest.

No comments: