Saturday, July 14, 2012

The Good Internet

Man who knew that all I needed to have really fast internet in China was to be the only one on the whole schools network. Well, I doubt I'm the only one, but almost all the students are gone and my internet is flying. I can not only watch YouTube videos without waiting long for them to load, but I can watch them in high definition. I used to get something around 100 kb/s during the day now I'm getting above 300. I forgot how much more fun the internet is when you don't have to wait for everything to load. I keep my VPN on all the time and it's almost as good as being in the US. This may seem like a simple pleasure to people in the US, but trying using an old dial up connection for a while to get a sense of how incredibly slow things can get in China. Now I just hope they don't turn it off or something during the summer, though I doubt it since there are a lot of teachers who live here. But until then I'll be online watching videos of cats, really quickly.

2 comments:

Deb Bruno said...

Jealous

AJ Jacobs-Kraft said...

Dude

This is a comment for all your posts.
But questions first.

You are an english teacher?
Where are you from?
How long have you stayed in Changzhou? (I did not bother to check)

If you are an english teacher, I do hope you speak better english than you write. I find it difficult to read your blog for the following reasons:

No paragraphs
Grammar needs work.
Punctuation is totally off

My intention here is to help, so please don't take what I write offensive.

Peace