Tuesday, September 30, 2008

1,000

I was looking at my google analytic tools for this blog the other day and I realized that I had passed 1,000 hits. I know there are some websites that get a million hits a day but I'm pretty damn happy with 1,000. Doing this blog has been a lot of fun for me, even more so than I thought it would. I wasn't really sure when I started if I would have enough to say or enough to make it interesting, but I'm really happy with how its turned out so far. From the ads I put on the site I've some how managed to make about $44, which isn't much in the grand scheme of things I guess, but it's just nice to see. In China it's pretty quite on campus these days as a vast majority of the kids have gone home of the holiday. I noticed that in China you seem to see almost no students who live very far from where they go to school. About 80% of my students seem to be from Changzhou or some city really close by, and even the ones that are from further away still tend to be no more then a few hours from home. The national day is actually tomorrow so I think they'll be fireworks here in town, actually there are fireworks pretty constantly but maybe they'll be more. I e-mailed the Chabad Jewish center in Shanghai asking about Yom Kippur but I haven't heard back from them yet. I'd be curious to see exactly how people in China celebrate the holidays.

3 comments:

LoriBruno said...

$44 IS a lot of money......especially considering our financial mess here in the US....glad to hear your difficult class is improving!

Mom said...

If they're Chabad, that'll be VERY interesting! Have fun with national day.....

bob davis said...

not surprising that you haven't got a response on rosh hashanah. but i'm sure they'll be happy to have you attend.