Monday, September 15, 2008

Sometimes You Wanna Go Where Everybody Knows Your Name


This is my favorite little place where they always have chicken sandwiches. At this point I walk in and they just nod and start making the sandwich. It's not that the sandwiches are necessarily so great it's just that a lot of the food hasn't been agreeing with me and these sandwiches are pretty mild. I finally was able to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich also. I had posted before that I'm not sure if the jelly I bought was jelly or baby food, it looked like jelly and said strawberry jelly on it in English, but it also had a baby on the jar was about baby food sized and was near what I think was other baby food. I can now confirm that it is definitly strawberry jelly, though for all I know that is baby food here. It's hard to find many different places to eat at because of the language barrier so I'm just sort of reduced to places that I can point to something at. If they give me a menu I'm in pretty deep trouble since the menu's are in characters so I can't exactly look the words up either. That's why the Muslim place i frequent has such a good reputation among the expats, there are pictures on the wall, though to be fair I think I've point to the same thing and gotten at least somewhat different meals. My stomach still hasn't exactly settled down since I've been here. The funny thing is that it's not just one problem, it will get better, then get worse, then get better again and so on.

1 comment:

Mom said...

I'm sure there are other places in the town that have pictures on the walls!