Saturday, September 27, 2008

No String of Cans


The hotel as part of it's normal hotel duties hosts, or at least provides rooms for a number of weddings. Some times you come down and see a giant picture of some couple has just been erected in the lobby. I think that they way this car is done up is the the Chinese equivalent of tying cans to the back of the newlyweds car in America. The weather here has changed dramatically in the last couple of days. Two days ago it was just plain hot, yesterday it was in between and today it is cool and it looks like it'll remain that way. People told me that cooler weather was coming I just thought it would take more then a day. The Chinese students around here must really be used to the hotter temperatures of summer because even on a 70 degree day I saw some jackets. The odd thing is this all actually makes it hotter in my room since I think the hotel cut off the air conditioning and I don't really expect it back this year. I've been sleeping pretty eradically with the start of classes and this weird class schedule this weekend and I think it caught up to me since I seem to be coming down with a cold. I took some allergy medicine in case that was the cause but it doesn't seem to make much difference. We have seven days off after tomorrow, though honestly I just want to get through one of my smaller classes without it being a train wreck. I haven't been able to find anyone who wants to travel around here with me, some people are going camping and some are staying around here, so I might just go to Nanjing by myslef if I can get a train ticket. I talked to one of the German girls who said she wanted to go to Sujou in a few weeks so I'm putting that off for a while. It'd be nice though to go to Nanjing and check out the french guy's restaurant.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Hope you feel better!

bob davis said...

i think nanjing could be a very cool place to see. What's Soujo known for?