Friday, May 15, 2009

Spring Cleaning

I just can't seem to keep my room in any sort of state of cleanliness. Maybe it's because it's too big. I've never had this much space before so I there's always room to put crap before I absolutely have to throw it out or find a better spot for it. When I see some of the other rooms of the people around here I'm just flabbergasted that they can keep it so neat. A bunch of the German teachers have made their rooms look really nice while I can't keep the garbage from piling up. I've definitly decorated it more than last semester though. I put up a bunch of maps and posters I got, including one about my speech on Sex Ed, which will be up shortly once I get the final pictures from it. I also took a bunch of the receipts and tickets and what not from various places I've been and taped them up on one wall. I was thinking of putting up a Obama poster my mother sent me but the poster is really weird looking. It's a picture of Obama composed of the front pages of papers announcing his victory in the election. The problem is that while it sort of looks like a face it doesn't have eyes or a mouth which just makes it look sort of other worldly. Frankly it's just creepy.

The weather has been all over the place recently. After three or four days of it being really hot, the temperature dropped a lot for most of last week. It's warm again today but the next four days are supposed to be cold then. I can definitly tell it's spring here though since my allergies have started acting up. Ken seems to have gotten it even worse than me though. I think the rain for the last few days has helped some though. Every time Ken sneezed at English corner I told people he had the swine flu. Apparently fears about the swine flu have depressed pork sales in China, which consumes half of the worlds pork. The government has taken to calling it by its scientific name to try to keep people eating pork. One kid at English corner asked me if I thought the US government was suppressing information on it, which is a very funny question since that's exactly what China did during the SARS outbreak, keeping it secret for months. The construction on the new library seems to be nearing completion. Some of the scaffolding has come down and what I can see looks very nice. They've also moved into high gear in terms of landscaping out around the building. I know a pond is going to go there I just hope it doesn't make it to hard to walk across campus, going from one sie

1 comment:

Mom said...

I want to see pictures of your room! As for the receipts and things taped up on your wall, I'm sure Aunt Lori would love to help you put all of them into a scrapbook some day. Whatever you do, don't throw them out.