Thursday, November 25, 2010

The Beginning of the End

Net week about half my classes end. Unlike my last school which sent an ending week on classes this school just told me how many times I had to have each class. The standard number is 20. Now that's more than the usual number of weeks in a semester but for two of my classes I've been having them twice a week. So next week will be the end of my listening class and one of my Uyghur oral English classes. My schedule was really full for a while so it will be nice to have a little more room. Having a set number of classes makes me feel a little differently about some things. The other day I wasn't feeling very well, but I wasn't so sick that I would have canceled classes in Changzhou. There it just becomes a giant hassle since I have to reschedule them some other time. But in Alaer I just basically push the end back a week. Also the school told me they want me to submit my grades in two numbers, the 30% which is supposed to be for in class work, and the 70% that is supposed to be for a final. But making the final worth 70% is just crazy to me for an oral English class so I'm now going to have to do more work to make sure the numbers I give them match up with the grade I actually think the student should be getting.

I'd also like to direct you over to Ken's blog for a great post http://ken-j-ferrell.blogspot.com/2010/11/if-you-can-imagine-it-its-on-internet.html