Sunday, November 14, 2010

Heat

Unlike Changzhou where it seemed to stay warm forever it got cold here pretty quickly. For quite a while, or at least it felt that way, they didn't turn on any of the heat either. I had one heater in my apartment, and I bought another, the problem with them though is that they don't have a fan attachment and they make a lot of light so they don't really work in my bedroom when I'm trying to sleep, unless I want a night light, and they don't heat the biggest room in my apartment very well. Finally they decided to turn on the radiators there are a ton of them in my apartment, but they don't produce exactly a lot of heat. Often in my small computer room I shut the door and turn on my little heater which helps. Also I've just taken to almost always wearing my shoes indoors. I don't feel as cold as I did in the beginning though, I think that's partially because I've just gotten more adjusted to it being colder indoors than I usually like. I know it gets down right cold here in the winter so I hope they turn it up some, that or I'm not against buying about 10 heaters and just making my own heat, hell I don't even pay the electric bill around here.

2 comments:

Deb Bruno said...

Slippers and long underwear on the way!

bob davis said...

what do the locals do?