Saturday, November 6, 2010

Shooting the Moon

Changzhou had a lot of western food. Obviously not as much as home but it had a number of pizza places, a couple of McDonalds, and even a Subway. Alaer has none of that but it does have bagels and after asking my friends in Changzhou to send me a toaster, as Alaer has none of those either I now can eat toasted bagels. To make it even better Slav was able to find butter recently. So now I'm sitting in my apartment eating a bagel with butter. That's certainly not something I was able to do in Changzhou. Hell most places in America it's hard to get a decent bagel. It seems the father I go from home, and this is about as far as it gets, the more stuff I'm able to find. With this logic I just need to randomly wander into the desert and I'll find a guy with creme cheese and locks.

3 comments:

bob davis said...

that would be lox, the world's most perfect food.

Sarah Sanderson said...

yeah! we are happy that the toaster made it! Qin Chen is amazing =)

Deb Bruno said...

Wonder if you'll find homemade ravioli next.