Tuesday, November 2, 2010

What's the Frequency Kenneth

Well I finally have my cable TV. After bugging Ma Ming for a long time to get it set up I got it just in time to watch one playoff game before the Yanks were eliminated. That's slightly better than my prediction of getting it the day after the playoffs end though. The problem now is that the three channels I have basically suck. I have the normal CCTV, state run, channels including the sports channel CCTV 5 where I can watch all the pool I've ever wanted to see, and the English channel CCTV 9 where I can see a round robin discussion about just how imperialistic the US is, somewhat or very. I also get three more normal channels. I get international ESPN which was great during baseball but now seems to show soccer 22 hours a day. I get something called Star Movies which has every B horror movie, and C action movie ever made. I never new Steven Seagal made so many movies, and I feel bad for Cuba Gooding Jr. who must have made some deal with the devil to win that Oscar that now he has to be in so many truly bad movies. Finally I get the National Geographic Channel which is OK but has way to many programs that basically involve people talking about fish. So I got what I wanted but I didn't really want what I got.

5 comments:

Taylor said...

Sorry for the schadenfreude, but this was hilarious! Did you follow the Series, after the Yankees were elimiated? It was pretty funny too! Mostly because of Brian Wilson.

Deb Bruno said...

Hey, shows about fish and Cuba Gooding Jr -- could be worse!

bob davis said...

How you must long for the pirate store of Changzhou.

Unknown said...

The key to watching newer Steven Segal movies (where he is older) is to remind yourself that he is drunk in every scene he's filming. It's not even clear he's even supposed to be in all the scenes he's in -- it's possible he just stumbled into the frame and the director just didn't care enough to reshoot it.

Ken F said...

Soccer 22 hours a day. OMG! Heaven!