Saturday, November 27, 2010

Test Time

Since two of my classes end on Monday I've been working up tests for them. For the oral classes there's not really much of an option besides an oral test. Like I've done in previous years I gave them a list of questions and allowed them to cross off some and I'll pick one of the remaining ones. This might be a little too hard for the Uyghur class so I'm going to try t grade more easily than I usually do as long as they seem to be giving it a good go. Mostly I'm worried they won't be able to talk for the full three minutes, but we'll see how it goes. What I really hate about that test is how long in takes to go through the whole class. Sitting their listening to one after the other can get really draining before the end. In my listening class I divided the class into two parts, since trying to make sure 40 students aren't cheating is really hard. The test will have some of the grammar we've done, mostly basic parts of speech, and then their will be a video, actually I'm just using a class video we haven't watched yet, which I hinted to in the last class for anyone paying close attention, and a few questions about what is happening in that video. Also I'm going to play an easy song and have them do some fill in the blank. I've never given a test in a listening class before so we'll see how that goes.

1 comment:

bob davis said...

Well, you're getting to the end of your semester anyway.