Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Cough...Cough...Cough

I seem to have come down with some sort of cold or something in the last day or two. It's not that bad really, though I'm not looking forward to being on my feet teaching six hours of class tomorrow. It's just that it seems like I have one little annoying sickness after another here. In the first few weeks it was diarrhea, which still comes back sometimes, then last week I had this annoying canker sore in my mouth, now I have this cough. It's also annoying not to be able to go to a CVS and pick up some cough drops or really much else. Wal-Mart might have some stuff like that, though I haven't seen it but things for little problems are not too frequent here. Everybody does like to give medical advice though. I know some of the things they believe, like tea being good for you are really true, but they have some crazy notions. I've heard that walking and eating is bad, not eating lunch precisely between 12 and 12:30 is unhealthy, cold water with hot food is verboten. If you ask them where exactly they get this advice form it's always something like my grandmother told me this or my parents said that. I've even heard them say that walking backwards for 20-30 minutes a day is good for you, and you see some doing just that on one of the tracks. So far I've decided to drink more tea and ignore everything else.

2 comments:

Mom said...

I'm sorry you're feeling bad -- but I'd give anything to see you post a video of yourself walking backwards on a track to get rid of your cold!
Drink orange juice! Feel better! We'll miss you on turkey day....

bob davis said...

no pepto in China? I guess you can't just go into a pharmacy and buy some pink stuff.