Monday, November 3, 2008

Never Mind, Back to Summer

Well I thought we had finally shaken the summer off here in Changzhou, the other day we were even talking about skiing, but it looks like the warm weather has returned with a vengeance. From coats and sweaters the day before to a thin sweater this morning to a T-shirt and considering shorts now. Google says it's 71 degrees in sunny Changzhou and that it should be as warm tomorrow. I started off comparing the weather here to DC with the heat and the humidity, but no one can wear shorts after Halloween in DC. They insist that it does snow here, someone said that it actually snowed a lot last year, but I just don't see how when it never drops below the 60's. The elections are soon and I'm excited to get up early and watch the results come in. Since I'm 12 hours ahead of you, actually it's 13 now that you all are on daylight savings, I'll see the results come in starting at around 7am on Wendsday. Usually I have class from 8-12 but I traded with David so that I could watch the results come in. I'm actually interested to teach to his class since I get to do a sort of greatest hits of my events from previous classes. I just really want them to be asking David when that Daniel fellow is coming back. I filled out some sort of brackets for the election but my main predictions are Obama winning, big surprise now, and the Dem's getting 61 seats in the Senate, which pretty much means they win every winnable race. I think Obama will win Virginia and Florida, but not go so far as to take Georgia or North Carolina. No matter who wins the way things are going they'll be wearing a long coat during their swearing in while I'll be in shorts.

P.S. If you want to call me, and Mom and Dad have figured out how so just ask them, just remember the am pm rule it's OK to call as long as it's morning in the US just don't call if it's afternoon there as I've gotten calls at like 2am the night before classes.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Well, you can call me at work -- I'll be there all night Tuesday....Have fun watching the results come in!