Thursday, November 6, 2008

Reading List

Despite what you might have heard this internet thing is really taking off. I am in fact not the only blogger from Changzhou. Both Ken and Dave have blogs that are pretty interesting. Sometime it's just funny to see different perspectives on stuff that's happened to you. I know they're both readers of this blog and I wanted to create a list of related blogs, which should be on the left hand side of you page blow the post list, because you should be reading my blog first. I'm also discovered this blog called Jiangsu Journal written by a guy who was in Changzhou for two years ending two years ago. He has a lot of pretty detailed posts and again it's just amazing to see that no matter how far you go there's already someone whose been there. I've been trying to contact the person who wrote it but with no luck so far so I wanted to just post a link to it with Ken and Dave's in the side bar. I remember this scene in the move The Truman Show where a young Truman, who unknown to him lives in a giant TV show about himself, tells his teacher he wants to travel and be an explorer, something the producers of the show don't want, only to have the teacher pull down a map of the world and yelling that see it's already all been discovered. It's not like I thought I was the first American into China or anything, in fact going to China seems to be the new hippy vogue, but it's amazing that in some random town I'm still competing with at least 3 other blogs.

3 comments:

Mom said...

I love the other blogs, too! And I'm laughing that they both call you Danthemanstan -- funny! Meanwhile, the big news here is that we're in the #2 slot to win the office election pool. We win if Franken wins. Otherwise, no. So pulling for Al Franken, of all things.

David said...

Thanks for adding the links man, I have done the same on mine.

David said...

Also, somebody in Nigeria is reading your blog.