Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Life On Mars

OK again this is something from now not when I returned to the US but I have to give this paper back to one of my students and it's just too funny and interesting not to post. After talking a lot about early America and the colonists I had the students write up a story where they are a colonist on Mars. I got everything for the mundane to the totally wacky but I think this one by a student of mine, who's also one of the more inquisitive students in my class, takes the cake. I should first explain that during class I had groups brainstorm who they'd take with them and this students group wanted to take Niel Armstrong and President Obama:

When our spaceship landed on Mars, everything I saw was extreme surprised. Numerous majestic architecture, fancy cars running in an incredible speed on the street, what's more, people here was gorgeous.

It seems to be a big mistake to bring Mr. Armstrong with us. As his experience were totally useless.

After wandering aimlessly for a while, I felt something weird, but I could not tell why. At this time, what we encountered was completely unbelievable!

The fabled king if pop - Michael Jackson, just walking to us.

"Oh my holy Jesus..." I said to myself, and couldn't believe it's true.

Apparently, Obama was too shocked there. I never saw the president of the U.S. had been so speechless.

Even though I was wondering if the guy standing in front of us was the real Michael Jackson whose pass-away broke numerous fans' hearts including me. I just couldn't wait to give him a hug, and asked:

"Are you that Michael Jackson?"

"Yes, it's me. 100% real," he answered with his distinct smile,

"Nice to meet you again, Mr. President!"

O-M-G, he was so gentle.

"Nice to meet you again, Mr. Jackson. Sorry, I didn't attend your funeral."

Mr. President replied with regrets.

"But, how ... how could you ... I mean ... be here?" Curiosity may be the biggest weakness of mine.

"Here's heaven, good people died, then come to Mars."

"What? H...eaven? I don't wanna die right now, I mean I love you Michael. I love your stunning dance. I love your beautiful songs, but ... I hate that stupid ship brought me here!"

"Don't be made, young lady. You guys are visitors, you don't have to die!"

Oh, thanks god!

Then, I started to wondering who I am gonna to meet, my grandma? Shakespeare? John Kennedy? ... Wait a minute, was Mr. Kennedy here or hell?

Anyway, so many celebrities I wanna meet, how busy I'm gonna be!

The end.

4 comments:

Chen said...

This article is so creative. I also want to take your class to join those brainstorms.
O(∩_∩)O~

Ken F said...

The line about Kennedy is out of control...and I love out of control.

Mom said...

What an interesting glimpse into one person's creative fantasies! Mars as heaven -- cool.

bob davis said...

when I die and leave this earth and meet Michael Jackson, how would I know I have reached heaven? could be the opening of an episode of the twilight zone.