Saturday, October 31, 2009

Road Trip

Well it seems that I just can't sit still. Being back for only about six weeks I talked to a couple of my friends and we decided to go on a road trip down south with the last ten days or so. Actually it was really close to the end. I ran so much out of time that in the last two weeks or so I went up with my Dad to see a Yankees Boston game, driving home late at night. Early the next morning I got up and went on this road trip. The day after I got back from that I was off to China with my parents. There were a couple different ideas about where we should go on this trip. At first I was thinking of Las Vegas but it turned out to be a much longer drive than I had imagined. In the end we settled on going to New Orleans with a few stops along the way. Me Harry and Mike, we were never able to find a fourth person all arranged to go. We've all actually been friends since early in Elementary School and Harry and Mike who grew up within a few blocks of me are two of my very oldest friends. Harry works in politics for Senator Kohl of Wisconsin and Mike is a bartender at a Hilton near where he lives. A big expensive of the trip came in renting a car for while Mike owns a car it a two seater sports car which really wouldn't work for the trip. We were originally going to have all three of us on the car so we could take turns driving it but it turned out to be really expensive since me and Harry are under 25 which kicks in a big price jump on the insurance. I'll start writing about the trip next time. Unlike some of the earlier trips I've taken I think I'm just going to divide this one up into four or five parts not exactly corresponding to days.

P.S.
This is a cartoon that I probably should have posted a few days ago but is just too funny and too on the nose not to post here.

2 comments:

bob davis said...

couldn't see the punch line on the cartoon. Go Yankees! (Just thought I'd throw in the last comment.)

Anonymous said...

But the first three squares are funny. GO YANKS!

Mom