Monday, December 22, 2008

Cold Cold Cold

I got two more packages today. One was more Christmas stuff from my Aunt and her family. The other was a huge box containing my really heavy winter coat for Harbin. I felt like putting on the coat now since it was below freezing all day today. It's hard enough trying to do classes, but when your just frozen the whole time it's a lot worse. Actually, I thought it was really cold in the room until I went outside and remembered just how cold it was. The rooms are a pretty good size and have lots of windows so they never really get warm but when everything is closed it's still a lot warmer then outdoors. The building near where David and Ken live, where they do most of their teaching, has a couple of really small classrooms with everyone squeezed in there which is actually great for the winter as all the body heat really warms things up. I'd like to just start bringing my own space heater but I don't think it would do much and I'm not sure there is really any place to plug it in anyways. It is going to be really nice after the weather here and up north to go down to Vietnam where it's still beach weather. I'm told we have plane tickets now but I'm always a pretty suspicious person when it comes to traveling so I'll believe it when I see it.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Yay! You have to bring all your friends in on the action with the peppermint pig. And we'll save some ravioli for you!

LoriBruno said...

Happy Hanukka! What peppermint pig??!!