Monday, December 29, 2008

Peppermint Pig


At the end of the Latke party I remembered that my Aunt had sent me a Peppermint Pig. A Peppermint Pig is well a big pink pig made out of peppermint. You put it in a little red bag that it comes with and smash it with a little provided hammer then eat the remaining peppermint pieces. It had become something of a family tradition, especially associated with health after my Grand-mother refused to eat it one year and later that year broke a few ribs. I had intended to bring it out at the party and have people smash it but I forgot just until the end when only Dave and Ken were left. To my surprise when I mentioned that I had something called the Peppermint Pig they knew exactly what I was talking about and noting that they had read about it on my blog. No matter who I know reads my blog I'm always sort of surprised when some one knows something that I put on my blog without me having told them. I can see that statistics that say people read my blog and I see the comments, but I just don't really believe it. They were happy to help me smash the pig and we even managed to destroy it without having a bigger hammer around, each person just had to take about two dozen whacks at a time.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Do we have a video of the multiple assaults on the pig? That would be entertaining!