Thursday, December 18, 2008

Things Fall Apart

Quite a few things in my room are broken right now. I have four lights out, actually this one is partially my fault since I didn't mention it after the first two went out since I didn't really like the florescent lights, but now with four out I can't really see in my bedroom anymore. My water dispenser is broken, or at least the part of it that makes the water hot is. At first I didn't use it much since I didn't feel like a lot of hot drinks in the summer, but since its gotten colder I've used it more and more until a few days ago when it just suddenly stopped working. The biggest problem by far though is my shower has developed a huge crack in the bottom and water is leaking out of it all over the floor every time I take a shower. Teddy gave me the key to the empty room across the hall so that I could take a shower their if I wanted to, but I don't really feel like going across the hall every morning. This isn't though all that surprising. In China things just have a way of breaking faster then you'd think they would. I went though three driers until I got one that worked, and even now it only sort of works. The other day three men came to my room presumably to fix the lights but they looked around realized they lacked the bulbs to fix any of the lights then left mumbling something about coming back. I guess Chinese craftsmanship doesn't stand for quality here either.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Oooh -- that sounds kind of depressing! I hope you can get the lights back on and the shower fixed soon.....And have fun with your Christmas celebration tomorrow!

bob davis said...

don't they export this stuff to the US?