Sunday, December 28, 2008

100 Posts in China

I can't believe I've already come to 100 posts on my little blog. I thought I'd do a sort of retrospective listing some of my favorite posts I've done, but first here are a few interesting statistics. In almost exactly four months of doing this blog I've had a total of 1,708 visits from 244 unique visitors generating 3,303 page views, that's an average of about 14 visitors per day.The most popular Google search term people use to find me is, "please don't run over me changzhou." The top two cities for visits are Washington DC with 308 and Changzhou with 496. I've had visitors from Malaysia, Italy, the Check Republic, Denmark, Nigeria, Turkey, and Switzerland among others. I've made $154.36 from adds based on 2,909 views, 227 clicks, a 7.8% click rate, making me about $53 per 1,000 views. Here are some of my favorite posts broken down by category:

Traveling:

On the Road Again: My trip to Wuzhen and having our bus break down along the way

Strange Days in Nanjing: Going to Nanjing and being really really cold

The Most Beautiful Park in the World: Going to an amazing park right in Changzhou

100 Year Flood: Being in Shanghai at the beginning of the trip

I Have Arrived (Part 1) and (Part 2): Arriving in Changzhou and being amazed at the accommodations

Events:

Rock Star: Going to some sports meet and being treated like visiting royalty

Happy Halloween Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha: Throwing a huge Halloween party for the kids

To Give Thanks
: A big Thanksgiving with friends

Ringo Starr: A crazy time singing Christmas carols

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum: A trip to a business expo for reasons I don't understand

Teaching:

How'd I Get Myself Into This Mess: My first day teaching

Loaded Questions: Other early adventures in teaching

My Favorite Post Title: Shanghaied in Chinese Monopoly

My Favorite Miscellaneous Post: This is Not Gumby

Well that's it for the retrospective I also encourage everyone to go over all the flicker pictures as many are a lot of fun and never made it onto the blog.

1 comment:

Mom said...

That's great that you have all that readership. A shout out to the readers in the "Check Republic"!
Meanwhile, it's good to look back at your favorite posts.