Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Done Done Done


Well I'm all done with classes for this semester, and it's certainly been an interesting ride. I was so completely terrified at the beginning of how I was ever going to fill all those hours but as time went on I got a better hang of it and now it doesn't seem so bad. I just hope I don't have the small class again since after six hours a week all semester I'm just out of things to do with them. Yesterday I had Ken, Dave, and Clark over and made some pasta. I was able to find some cans of tomato sauce in Wal-Mart as well as some pasta. I started heating up the tomato sauce while I fried some sausage, mushrooms, peppers, onions, and garlic, and mixed them all into the sauce. In the end there was probably as much stuff I mixed in as the sauce. Once again I had to fight the hot plates which love to shut off as soon as there is any smoke. In the end I made a huge pot of pasta but between all of us we actually managed to finish it off. It was fun if messy and I think I'll do it again some time. Speaking of western food I also got a toaster so that I could actually have toast with butter around for breakfast. It's always nice to have some more western foods in China.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Congratulations! You made it! And also congrats on serving up a big Italian dinner -- sounds yummy.

Lynn W. said...

That looks amazing DTMS! Now your next challenge is tacos!!! Bonne apetite!