Tuesday, September 28, 2010

ESPN and Hamburgers

Well things have taken a turn for the American here in far off Xinjiang. First I got ESPN international. Despite the fact that about half the programming is soccer this is actually better than normal ESPN since it has the whole baseball playoffs. I think the school had a better version of cable for a while but it wasn't until a Chinese teacher told us about it that they bothered to give it to us. I might have to pay a little extra to keep ESPN but it's worth it at least for the playoffs. I also have a movie channel, though the sort of movie channel that like to show Bio Dome, and the National Geographic Channel which I love. Slav also just showed me a place that does hamburgers, chicken sandwiches, and fries, not far from where we live, the hamburger is basically tasteless since they cook it to death but with some weird ketchup it's not too bad. Gaining a few little comforts of home is always nice. I also just completed my Peace Corps application, so there a chance I'm going to be doing that next year.

2 comments:

Deb Bruno said...

Yay, sports! Yay, hamburgers! Yay, Nat Geo! USA! USA!

bob davis said...

yankees just clinched a playoff spot. so espn is crucial.