Monday, September 20, 2010

More Meat

Well some people in the US know but I haven't put in on the blog yet so here it goes, I'm no longer a vegetarian. I tired for about the first week I was here but I ended up eating the same thing day after day, meal after meal. I was so sick of cold noodles that I thought I was going to lose my mind. So I finally decided to scrap it. The great vegetarian experiment is over at least for now. If I am able to eventually learn a suitably large number of non-meat dishes I'll go back to it but for now I'm back on meat. Xinjiang is a pretty meat heavy place. Even thought he Uyghurs don't eat pork there is far more meat then is normal in the East coast of China. Not only is there more meat, especially lamb, but a number of the vegetarian foods I'd come to depend on from Changzhou are completely absent here. Actually I'm amazed given how homogeneous China is that there such a regional variation in Chinese food even apart from the Uyghur food.

6 comments:

Ken F said...

YES!!

bob davis said...

Portion size anyway is more important.

Anonymous said...

what they need is a pizzeria uno.

Deb Bruno said...

Well, man cannot live on protobagels alone.

Unknown said...

Welcome back to the dark side. Our barbeques are more fun.

Sarah Sanderson said...

well you gave it a good try anyways - thanks for the test comment/advice