Friday, September 17, 2010

I Miss My Three Day Weekends

Well it's Friday after my second week of class and I'm starting to miss my three day weekends. I know what your saying, oh poor Daniel I heard you worked a whole 14 hours this week, but I'd really gotten used to have three days off at the end of a week. It feels really truncated to only have two days off. I don't think I had five days a week classes ever in Changzhou even when I had 18 hours, my current hours are 17 a week with some weeks having 14 and others having 20. I suppose I could try to switch around a class or something though the school here seems less flexible with that sort of thing. What I think the difference really is is that just having moved here there seem to be a lot more things I have to take care of in a day then back in Changzhou. In my second year I really had everything figured out so it was a lot easier to fix things myself and find everything I need. Here I have to constantly ask for help and my to do list is starting to pile up. Also this weirdness with the time is effecting my sleep. I've been having trouble falling asleep and waking up at odd times, sort of like being jet lagged again. Hopefully as I get more things taken care of it will become easier to relax and I will deal better with these time changes.

1 comment:

Deb Bruno said...

Having many one-day weekends, I'm finding it hard to feel a whole lot of sympathy for your lack of three-day weekends! But the other stuff -- okay, I'll be sympathetic. :)