Friday, September 24, 2010

More Classes

Well this guy names Fish just came to my apartment, and people laugh at my Chinese names being Panda, and convinced me to take an extra class. I didn't really want to do it, who wants to work more, but it was pretty hard to say no. It's just sort of hard to turn down a guy who's being so nice and is only asking two more hours. I did insist that if I did it it wouldn't be in the morning but now I have another class on Friday. The students are graduate students of some sort but I don't think their English is supposed to be very good. The downside is now on some weeks I end up with 22 hours of class. I didn't agree to do it permanently though so if it's too much I can cancel it. I suppose I could also move it to Tuesday on the weeks when I don't have classes on Tuesday. On Friday morning I have one class already but I elected to have this one on Friday afternoon even though that means a bigger gap between the classes. I'm never sure if it's better to do the classes in one go through or have time off between them. Fish initially called me when I was still in bed this morning and after ignoring the first three calls I finally picked up the fourth time he called. In China if you don't get what you want just keep pushing until you do.

3 comments:

Joanna Davis said...

Gee, I wonder why you were still hanging out in bed this morning. It might have something to do with the call I got at work!

-Joanna

Deb Bruno said...

You mean the call I also got? Isn't there yet another banquet? Man, it's really rough -- having to teach all those hours. I'm soooo sympathetic!

poppy said...

loved those class pics you sent ..