Sunday, September 26, 2010

Sick

Well I finally missed a day yesterday being quite sick. I'm not exactly sure where it all began actually. There's the old saying correlation doesn't imply causation, old enough that it can be found in Latin "cum hoc ergo propter hoc," so some of this may just be coincidence but who knows. My stomach had actually been feeling a little bad for a few days now, but on Thursday I was feeling fine. We had yet another banquet, this was the fourth or fifth and I expect at least two or three more this semester. As I posted before I was a little pissed at Ma Ming for bugging me about drinking so I pushed him pretty hard. I was toasting him every chance I got and I got Slav to do the same. Even using all his tricks of deflecting it onto other people I could tell he was pretty sick by the end. We drank around seven or eight small bottles of baijou, and by we I mean there were only four people drinking baijou. So as you can imagine, double so for those of you who got the drunk Skype calls, I was feeling a little sick on Friday. That was fine though there were no classes on Friday because of a Chinese holiday but there are classes this weekend. I didn't eat much all day Friday but I had one regular sized meal late in the day when I started to feel better.

On Friday night though I felt terrible. I spare you the details but I slept very little since I needed to run to the bathroom constantly. I called Lake and Ma Ming and canceled classes yesterday. I pretty much did nothing yesterday but sit in front of my computer and watch movies while drinking water and eating a few bananas that Lake was nice enough to bring over. Today I'm still not feeling very good, I got through one class but I was feeling sick the whole time. Hopefully I'll be back to 100% tomorrow, but I don't know if it was something I ate, something I drank, one bottle of diet coke I had Friday tasted a little weird, or some delayed reaction to drinking but being sick in a foreign country is no fun at all.

2 comments:

bob davis said...

Hope you're feeling better. I'm guessing that you just need to lay off the baijo.

Deb Bruno said...

So sorry you're sick! You know what I'm going to say -- lots of liquids. And thanks to Spring for the bananas!